In planning to build a healthy home needed a healthy environment , because of the importance of it , in this article I will discuss about healthy building materials. Of the many materials that can be used , typically materials made of natural material is safe for health . However , sometimes we can not escape to use artificial materials . Therefore , we must know the level of security of any material before using. The ideal material for a healthy building materials should meet the following requirements : the first is an insulator , storing heat , and does not deliver heat ; second , can avoid condensation or condensation process.
Glass is a safe material because this material does not cause pollution . But the glass is not capable of functioning as an insulator against heat and sound , unless it is a layered two or three . Because it is transparent , glass is often used as filler windows or openings that become a source of natural lighting.
To overcome or reduce the heat entering through the glass , the solution is to coat the glass with a protective layer of dark ( emission coating ) or by shadowing the eaves ( overstek ) above the window , so that no direct sunlight into the house
Since the era of industrialization , steel or metal material became very popular. This material is easily made in bulk , malleable and durable . But actually building or interior elements including the metal containing material that is not good for health. Metals in high concentrations of arsenic -containing materials and is a good conductor of heat and electricity that can interfere with the electrical and magnetic energy exist in the human body and the environment . However , usually the metal element to the home is still safe for the health category.
Steel beams and pipes of iron can interfere with electromagnetic ground . Furniture made of metal and spring mattress can also result in adhesive effect . AC ducting can also disrupt the balance of air ions . Therefore , as far as possible avoid the metal element in the selection of healthy building materials
If you want a metal element to be applied in the house , look carefully at the content of the metal . There is a metal that is quite safe for health , but there are not good for health in the short term and long term , such as nickel, zinc, aluminum , silver , cadmium , mercury , cobalt , titanium , and chromium.
Tips on using the metal as a healthy building material:
* Better to avoid the beds are made of metal , because it means we spend 8 hours a day on the metal that is electromagnetic.
* If you are sensitive to electromagnetic effects , do not use a spring mattress , but use a mattress which uses natural fibers.
* Better Avoid the cooking and eating were plated with aluminum.
* Use drinking water filter capable of filtering the metal element.
* Wherever possible , recycling cans and other metal materials , do not dispose of this material to the ground because it would disrupt the balance and health of the soil.
Cement plaster normally used as the material for the walls and other needs . These materials include materials that do not pollute the environment and homes and can breathe well . Plaster is also able to protect the house from heat and weather effects such as wind . In terms of aesthetics , the plaster is colored with colors that are attractive , and easy to manufacture textured surface.
Cement weakness is not resistant to water . Water can result in plaster condensed ( condensed ) and the growth of mold . Therefore , plaster walls should be protected from the rain by using a fairly wide eaves and low.
In choosing a healthy building materials stone is one of the favorites . Many natural stones are quite popularly used as building elements and interior such as stone, marble , granite . Each stone has a unique color , texture , and character . Visually , natural stone gives the impression of a strong and sturdy . In terms of health , the stone is a material that is safe because it contains no contaminants and is able to breathe and be able to reduce the humidity . Also stone cold surface so it is suitable for home hot tropical and humid.
Tips utilizing stone as a unique decorative:
• To produce a natural ambience , place several small stone on the side of the sink or bathup bathroom and a small flower pot.
• Fill a clear glass jar with stone or other natural stones as decoration other than others.
• Fill out the top of the pot with small stones . In addition to beautiful , stone also reduces water evaporation and soil runoff from a pot.
• A stone large enough unique shape can be used as a doorstop home.
From all healthy building materials , wood is the best to use , when the wood humidity between 8-20 % . Wet wood humidity levels of over 20 % it is a conductor , because the water it contains can deliver electricity. With a water content of 8-20 % of the wood is a good insulator . This material also breathe perfectly , and is capable of storing heat . As with other natural materials , wood is also easy to absorb water . The other drawback is easily weathered wood and eaten by termites . To avoid this, the wood should be above the water-resistant structure with an adequate ventilation system.
Another thing to note is that the wood finishing . Use finishing safe for health or have a natural base material , for example borax , beeswax , linseed , oil , natural resins , natural varnish , and paint with natural base materials such as water.
In addition there is also a piece of wood plywood made from whole wood waste or sawdust . The use of wood is more prudent to preserve the environment because it uses wood waste . But his affection mixed materials and synthetic adhesive substance is not good for health . It would be better if you can find the plywood with a mixture of natural and gluten.
Various kinds of plywood is:
• Plywood. Made of several layers of wood glued together. Often containing phenol and urea formaldehyde.
• Blockboard. Similar to plywood , but the middle section is made of solid wood
• Particle board. Made of wood chips mixed with synthetic resin and then pressed into sheets . The price is cheap , but the durability is not good . Besides these materials emit formaldehyde compounds that can be harmful to health.
Here are some tips in choosing wood:
• Select a dry timber , which is only 8-20 % humidity level so as not to deliver electricity . Dry wood is also more resistant to expansion and contraction.
• Wooden old stronger and better for the building structure or furniture.
• Wooden old age is better for health than new timber harvested , because it was not gummy . Therefore , choosing a used wood is very wise , in terms of both health and environmental conservation.
• For people with allergies , avoid the use of pine because pine secrete a compound which stimulates allergic responses
Soil is widely used as a component of a healthy building materials such as brick , tile , and the interior elements such as ceramic floor and wall . This material is also the base material and the interior accessories are popular. Due to its resilience , the elements of the soil is often used as a valuable collectibles.
The material of the soil is very good for a healthy building materials . This material be an insulator, storing heat , and do not conduct electricity . In addition land has pores so that they can breathe perfectly, absorbs gas from air pollution , and also capable of blocking the sound , so it has the power acuistic good , strong and durable
Soil material weakness is , the land easily absorb water so it can be condensed and easily covered with mildew . Therefore , for the brick wall should be made on a dry foundation structure and waterproof as concrete or stone foundation to 20cm above ground . Protect exposed brick walls with long eaves to avoid moisture . For the roof , glazed ceramic roof option is typically able to avoid mold.
Leaves and Stems
Although durability is not as wood , leaves , stalks of bamboo , and rattan can be used as a healthy building materials such as leaf roof , walls of bamboo and rattan . This material is pliable and malleable so it is more popularly used as an ingredient interior elements such as dividing walls , flooring , furniture and interior accessories . This material is lightweight and is a good insulator , it was a good ability acuistic.
Like wood , leaves and stems , very good as a healthy building material . The disadvantage , this material is very susceptible to fire hazards . As with other natural ingredients , leaves , bamboo , and rattan was not resistant to water , so it is not good for exterior wall coatings . We must always keep the drought that bamboo and rattan avoid the attack of powder.
Reforming with leaves , bamboo , and rattan will produce memorable order natural, relaxed and casual or far from formal . This material is flexible , so easy braided , bent , and shaped according to taste.
List of healthy building materials sorted from lowest to highest levels of pollution :
1. Beeswax as wood coatings
2. Solid wood and cork
3. Magnesite ( composition consisting of magnesium , cement , and sand )
4. The clay and bricks from clay
6. Hardboard , the composition of wood fibers pressed .
8. Products with a ceramic base material without finishing glaze
12. Glass fibers
13. The fiber of mineral
15. Products pvc
16. Glue and synthetic materials
17. Concrete precast
18. Aluminum foil